With the somewhat slower pace of summer I like to spend a little extra time looking for and trying new recipes and products. This way, once the busy school year hits, I have a few more ideas in my food "bag of tricks" to pull out and help feed my family. Lately, I've enjoyed trying some new products in the dairy and freezer isles perfect for a hot summer's day that I shared on First Coast Living. Check 'em out...
This post and TV segment are sponsored by Milk Life, Chobani & Skinny Cow.
Click HERE to access the video if it doesn't load.
- To make the raspberry milk I displayed, simply blend together milk and raspberries. If you don't want any seeds then run the milk through a fine sieve strainer. Serve it in these vintage looking milk glasses and cute straws for even more fun!
- The overnight oats I mentioned was a version of my Strawberry Vanilla Overnight Oats. If you have not tried overnight oats yet, it's time. They are so good and perfect for hot summer mornings. FYI - I recommend using a wide mouth mason jar to make overnight oats. It's a game changer, especially for those of us who are naturally a little messy. #guilty
- For more information on some of the research I mentioned regarding milk, visit Milk Life.
- This is the Peanut Butter Frosting Dip I featured and Casey LOVED! You will too.
- Since July is National Ice Cream month, it is only appropriate to celebrate! I have really enjoyed trying the new look of Skinny Cow cream and definitely appreciate how easy they make it have the right portion. Look for the new Skinny Cow products in the freezer section of your local supermarket. My personal favorite is the Simply Amazing Caramel Pretzel bar. Oh man!
I hope one of these fun and tasty ideas bring a little more enjoyment to your summer eating. What have you tried lately that you really like? Leave a comment and let me know.