This recipe is sponsored by ALDI.
I am pumped to share this recipe because I'm bringing you a sneak peak of a recipe from my cookbook that is coming out in March 2021 - Buffalo Turkey Meatballs. I'm busting this bad boy out early from the recipe vault because the Super Bowl is coming up and these are perfect for watching the big game.
I really love turning familiar flavor combinations into a little healthier version that's easy to enjoy any time. My friend Melissa gets all the credit for this idea because she makes something similar to this recipe that inspired the whole idea.
The beauty of this recipe is that there's only 5 ingredients. Seriously, this is all you need to make a super delicious buffalo turkey meatball.
There's one customization option I need to bring up - whether you want celery in your meatball or not. I happen to love the celery in the meatball as it stays crunchy and is really delicious in my opinion. But my hubs and kids are not a big fan of that so I leave out the celery in theirs.
It's totally up to you and what you like but if you don't include the chopped celery in the meatball, just serve it as sticks on the side.
Appetizer or Entree
This base recipe for Buffalo Turkey Meatballs can be either an appetizer or an entree.
To serve as an appetizer, follow the recipe below by serving on a platter with your favorite dipping sauce on the side. Stick a toothpick in each to make a safer serving situation.
To serve as an entree, enjoy these meatballs over rice, cauliflower rice, and/or shredded lettuce, then drizzle over top with the buffalo sauce. It is a delicious and super satisfying meal.
Get Updates on My Cookbook
If you like this recipe, you just may love my new cookbook, coming out in March 2021. I'm not quite allowed yet to share all the details so sign up for my e-newsletter to get all that information straight to your inbox.
Buffalo Turkey Meatballs
- box grater
- 1 19.2 ounce Package Ground Turkey
- 1 small Yellow Onion
- 2 stalks Celery, finely chopped (about ⅔ cup)
- 5 ounces Blue cheese crumbles
- ½ cup Buffalo sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine turkey, grated onion, chopped celery and blue cheese crumbles. Using your hands, gently combine ingredients until thoroughly incorporated. Roll mixture into balls about the size of a golf ball. You should end up with about 20 meatballs. Set meatballs on prepared pan.
- Bake meatballs for about 12 minutes, flipping over halfway through, until meatballs are fully cooked or reach an internal temperature between 160-165 degrees F. Let cool slightly on the pan.
- Arrange meatballs on a serving dish and stick each with a toothpick for easy, individual serving. Pour buffalo sauce into a bowl for dipping. Enjoy!
More Super Bowl Recipes
Round out your game watching spread with more Make Healthy Easy recipes: