Strawberry Vanilla Overnight Oats are easy to make ahead and delicious to enjoy for any meal on the go. These oats are filling thanks to the fiber and protein in Greek yogurt.
Overnight oats have completely changed my breakfast game ever since I started making this Pumpkin Apple Overnight Oats Recipe. Once you get over the "my-oats-are-cold" thing, it's a heck of a filling, delicious and easy breakfast. Read my post on the Health Benefits of Overnight Oats to learn more and find a delicious recipe for Blueberry Vanilla Overnight Oats as well!
Why "Overnight" Oats?
See, I have no problem with instant packet oatmeal. It's in my pantry and we all eat it. But, there are only a few flavors that are low in sugar (which are hard to find) and I'd really like to branch out in flavors while using real fruit. Strawberries happen to be rather low in sugar (half than the amount in an apple) but are still naturally sweet. Oatmeal win!
Plus, anything that makes the morning routine quicker, but still healthy, is completely appealing to me.
The Secret Sauce - Frozen Strawberries
I chose to use frozen California strawberries here because they are easily available year round and it doesn't matter if you use them right away (just say no to food waste). If you can't find frozen sliced strawberries, simply use a sharp knife to slice up whole, frozen berries. Plus, since they are frozen, as they defrost, their yummy juice flows down into the oats and helps flavor them with natural, amazing strawberry flavor. It's really the secret sauce of this recipe.
Eating a daily serving of strawberries (about 8) has been shown to benefit your overall health, specifically helping your heart health, brain health, and reducing your risk for some types of cancers. So while this may just seem like a simple oatmeal recipe, it's really way more.
Who should eat Strawberry Vanilla Overnight Oats
This recipe is perfect for you if...
- You are rushed to eat breakfast in the morning and you need a quick solution.
- You are an athlete and need a filling, well-balanced breakfast of the smart carbs, protein and a little bit of healthy fat.
- You are looking to up your fiber intake and don't want to just eat sticks and mulch to do it.
- You love strawberries but never quite eat all the fresh ones you buy in time before they go bad.
- You don't really love eating yogurt by itself.
- And the list could go on and on. Basically, everyone.
These overnight oats were a big hit in our household and earned the coveted recipe honor of:
Tips for Success
Here's a couple of tips for making this Strawberry Vanilla Overnight Oats recipe:
- Get all your ingredients out and prepped before beginning. This makes assembly really quick.
- If you can, use the wide mouth mason jars. They make it way easier to dump in these ingredients.
- If you like your oats a little runnier (these are thick and creamy) just add more milk.
Here's how you make it: