Turkey is not just for Thanksgiving.
This recipe is sponsored by the National Turkey Federation.
Turkey and cranberry: also not just for Thanksgiving.
Think about it.
How much do you love turkey and cranberry together? Personally, it makes my mouth water just thinking about it. And THAT, my friends, should not happen only one day a year! It should happen all year round.
I’ve got some good news for you — my Turkey Cranberry Sandwich recipe makes it EASY and QUICK to enjoy this magical flavor combination any ole night of the week, any day of the year. And I promise, you will want to.
Let me show you how easy and wonderful this recipe is.
First, start by marinating boneless turkey breast cutlets. I easily found this cut of turkey at my local grocery store. They are basically turkey breasts that have been filleted and are super easy to marinate and quick to cook. I chose a marinade/rub combo of garlic, rosemary, lemon and olive oil that you simply rub on the raw turkey. The beautiful thing about turkey is that it soaks up all the flavors of whatever you season it with, making it extremely versatile. It is also considered a lean source of protein and provides important immune-boosting nutrients like iron, zinc, and potassium.
You can grill these turkey breasts on an outdoor or indoor grill. I chose to cook them indoors because they cook so quickly, it didn’t make sense to heat up my big outdoor grill. And I suggest grilling up some extra to use for lunches or on on top of salad for a dinner later in the week.
Second, prep your sandwiches, which couldn’t be easier. Choose a hearty, whole grain roll, which will provide fiber and micronutrients. Then smear on whole-berry cranberry sauce (yes, you can buy this all year round) and softened goat cheese. Lastly top with a big stack of crisp butter lettuce.
And that’s it!
I rounded out this meal with baked (frozen) sweet potato fries and it was perfect. It would also go great with my Roasted Okra & Tomatoes. The whole meal took less than 30 minutes to make and Coach loved it! Win! Therefore, we have another recipe that is:
Here’s exactly how you make it:
All-Year-Round Turkey Cranberry Sandwich
- 0.9 - 1 lb boneless turkey breast cutlets 6-8 cutlets
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- High heat cooking oil
- 4 oz goat cheese (softened at room temp for about 10 minutes)
- 1 can organic whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 4-5 whole grain rolls
- Heat a grill (indoor or outdoor) or grill pan to medium high heat.
- In a small dish, combine salt, garlic powder, rosemary and olive oil. Add enough lemon juice to create a paste consistency and mix well together. Rub mixture on both sides of all turkey breast cutlets. Allow to sit for about 15-20 minutes.
- Cook turkey cutlets on grill for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Remove from heat and let rest.
- Meanwhile, slice rolls in half. Smear cranberry sauce on bottom of roll then place a cooked turkey cutlet on top. Top turkey with several leaves of butter lettuce. Smear goat cheese on top half of bun and top sandwich.
- Serve and enjoy!
Since developing this recipe, I’ve made it twice and it’s always a hit. Can I get an “Amen” for a dinner that takes less than 30 minutes to prepare, is healthy, and makes the family happy?! I’m pretty sure I just heard you from here. =)
I’ve had some fun working with the National Turkey Federation, cooking up new ways to enjoy turkey. Check out my amazing Grilled Turkey Breast recipe too. It’s perfect for a game day cookout. Just sayin!
Now go an enjoy some turkey and cranberries all year long!