If you don’t like carrots or hummus, snap out of it and try this insanely good and easy Roasted Carrot & Ranch Hummus.
Hummus is a food my boys either love or hate, depending on the day. I’ve played super sleuth to try to figure out what exactly contributes to these hot and cold feeling but I think it’s just kids being kids. After noticing my kids gobbling down veggies and ranch the other day though, I got to thinking: what if I combined hummus with ranch!
I’ve come to grips with the fact that almost everyone likes Ranch or Blue Cheese dressings. Therefore there are a lot of opportunities to use these foods to encourage the intake of other healthy foods. In this hummus recipe, I combined the power of ranch with chickpeas and another veggie, roasted carrots, to create this Roasted Carrot & Ranch Hummus.
This recipe made its debut at a blogger event and it had everyone asking for more, even the non-hummus-liking folks. My hunch was proved true: everybody loves them some ranch.
Here’s how you make it:
Roasted Carrot & Ranch Hummus
- 1 ½ cups fresh chopped carrots (shape of chop does not matter)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can white beans (16 oz) drained and rinsed
- ½ cup All natural ranch dressing of choice
- Assorted dippers like cut up veggies (pita bread, crackers, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Place sliced carrots on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat. Arrange carrots in a single layer. Roast in pre-heated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly, about 3-5 minutes.
- In a powerful blender or food processor add the white beans, cooked carrots, and ranch dressing. Blend or pulse until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately with pita and fresh cut veggies or slather on just about anything.
I’ve been on sort of a hummus-making kick lately and I seriously love this recipe. You can eat it on so many things like sandwiches, wraps, salads, toast, eggs, just try it!! If you ARE a lover of hummus like me, check out my Honey Drizzled Roasted Garlic Hummus too. It’s totally different than what I have going on here in today’s recipe but equally yummy!
So there you have it friends. This might be a life-changing hummus recipe that make might you a believer. Go ahead, try it!
For the love of hummus (again) and apparently ranch too,