Sweetened only with honey, these super-moist, healthy pumpkin muffins are sure to become a favorite.
I have a love affair with muffins. Truly, they are one of my favorite foods on the planet. Because of this affection I have toward muffins, I am committed to creating healthy versions that me and my family can enjoy daily.
This Whole Wheat Honey Pumpkin Muffin is one of my all time favorite recipes. It’s all natural, but so moist and perfectly sweet. While pumpkin may be most popular in the fall, this is a way you can enjoy their super flavor and nutrition all year round.
These muffins are all-natural because they use honey as the only sweetener. When I made these, I was running low on honey so I used 2 different types – Florida orange blossom honey, one of my favorites, and a local dark-amber honey that I get through Black Hog Farm. It’s fun that you can slightly change the flavor of these muffins by just switching up your type of honey. I encourage you to have fun with this and try all kinds of honey.
So feel good about making these muffins any day of the year. I usually make a double batch and store them in the freezer for a quick breakfast for all of Team Braddock. Just heat them up in the microwave for about 20 -30 seconds and you are good to go.
Share this recipe with anyone looking for healthy muffins or a quick breakfast option. Enjoy!
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup ground flax seed meal
- ½ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with muffin liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat butter, with mixer in a medium bowl, until pale in color. Add honey, egg and pumpkin and continue to mix until incorporated. Gradually add flour, baking soda and powder, salt, spices and flax seed meal. Mix just until incorporated.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin, filling each tin about ¾ full. Sprinkle a small amount of pepitas on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes and a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in pan for a few minutes and then remove muffins and cool on a wire rack.