It’s time for green beans to get a summer makeover by throwing them on the grill. If you’re bored of beans you have to try this Grilled Green Beans with Pistachio Pesto recipe.
Let's grill all the vegetables!
This has been my mantra this summer when it comes to cooking meals on the grill. Why leave out the veggies? Plus, grilling the whole meal means way less dishes. That's always a goal over here.
We've been entertaining a lot this summer around our new pool which means we are grilling, grilling and grilling again. It's great but I get bored easily. This is why I've gotten creative this summer with my Chimichurri Burger with Grilled Carrots and Grilled Okra and Tomatoes.
Green beans are always a fan favorite vegetable at gatherings so I wanted a really delicious (but still simple) way to grill them. While this recipe is just for the beans, it's totally meant to grill alongside whatever else you are cooking.
Tips for Success
These Grilled Green Beans with Pistachio Pesto are VERY easy to prepare but here are a couple of tips for success.
- Prep the pistachio pesto first, even up to a day ahead. Store it in the fridge if you are making it hours ahead. Then set it out on the counter about an hour before you plan to serve it to come to room temp.
- Toss the grilled green beans in the pesto as soon as they come off the grill and are hot. This helps warms the pesto and evenly coat the grilled green beans.
- You can easily double this recipe for more guests.
- Use your own grill pan, like this one, to avoid making a disposable foil one.
- Making the aluminum pan is easy and you get the hang of it after doing it a couple of times. I use this make-your-own-pan concept in other grilled recipes too.