- 15-20 pretzel rods
- 1 bag white chocolate chips (Ghirardelli is recommended)
- 1 bag M&M's candy
- Wax or parchment paper
- Lay out a large piece of parchment or wax paper on your counter or on a large baking sheet. Pour M&M's into a bowl and set next to parchment paper.
- In a tall mug, pour in all of the white chocolate chips. Microwave on high for 45 seconds. Remove and gently stir with a think spatula.
- Return mug to microwave and heat on high for seconds. Remove and stir again. Repeat this process until chips are ALMOST fully melted, about 3-4 total cycles. Stir well until chocolate is smooth and chips are completely melted.
- Tip the mug to the side and use the spatula to collect the chocolate along one wall of the mug. Insert a pretzel rod in to the chocolate and twist to coat, trying to cover as much of the rod as you prefer. Continue to twist pretzel as you remove it from the chocolate, allowing the excess to fall back in to the mug. Place dipped pretzel on parchment paper in a single layer.
- Repeat dipping with all pretzels. Once chocolate has set slightly, about 5 minutes, cover each pretzel with M&M's to preference. (I think the more the better.)
- Allow pretzels to harden completely at room temperature, about 2 hours. Make sure it is a cool area without direct sunlight or close proximity to heat source.
- Store in airtight container or individual gift bags. Pretzels stay fresh for 1 week and possibly up to 2 weeks with a good climate.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
Keywords: dessert, diy gift, holiday, easy recipe