Bone-in turkey breast is delicious and simple to enjoy all year round but especially perfect for a quicker turkey option for Thanksgiving. Here's an amazing Turkey Breast Brine recipe and how to roast it in the oven.
- 2 Bone-in turkey breasts (Each is half of a whole bird)
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) your favorite beer (Flavored is OK)
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh sage (Can substitute other favorite fresh herb)
- 1/2 cup chopped, fresh parsley
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup Kosher salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, beer, sage, parsley, garlic and salt.
- Place turkey breasts in a large, deep dish that can be covered. Pour the brine over the turkey. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 12 hours. Halfway through brining, flip the turkey breasts over.
- Remove from brine solution, pat dry with paper towels, and discard excess brine.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Let brined turkey breasts sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Place turkey breast on a rimmed baking sheet covered in aluminum foil. Insert oven safe thermometer into thickest part of the turkey breast being sure to not touch the probe to any bones. Roast for about 60-75 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 155-160 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Let sit for 15 minutes and leave in thermometer to ensure turkey temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Slice off the bone and serve immediately.
This thermometer is highly recommended for this recipe and many others.
1 turkey breast serves about 2 adults or 3 children.
- Prep Time: 4 hours
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: turkey breast, turkey breast brine, how to roast turkey breast, how long to cook turkey breast