Tacos can be a healthy, and certainly quick, dinner time solution. Try this healthier take on my family's taco meat recipe.
- 1 lb ground meat of choice
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 1-2 cans kidney beans (drained)
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Add ground meat and cook, breaking up into crumbles with a spoon or spatula.
- Add the chopped onions when the meat is about halfway cooked. Continue to cook and stir till meat is fully cooked and onions are soft.
- Carefully drain out excess fat from pan if present.
- Return pan to stove, reduce heat to medium low.
- Add beans, taco seasoning, and water to pan. Stir to combine. Continue to cooking, stirring occasionally, until beans are heated through and water has reduced.
- Remove from heat and serve. Or, allow to cool to room temp, seal in a storage bag with a vacuum sealer, and freeze for the future.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Entree
Keywords: taco meat, healthy dinner, family dinner, tacos