Get your day started on the right foot with this balanced and easy to make smoothie. It's filled with nourishing ingredients and superfoods to keep you going strong.
- 6-8 whole strawberries (can be already frozen)
- 1/2 peeled orange
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 cups fresh kale or spinach
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup water or milk of choice (or more if needed to blend smoothly)
- Place ingredients in high powered blender in order of the recipe. Blend until very smooth, about 45 seconds, adding more fluid if needed.
To make this recipe for 2 people, simply double the ingredients.
Here are some ideas for variations:
1. Add in a 1/2" piece of fresh ginger.
2. Use a 1/4 cup of 100% juice to add a little more sweetness if needed.
3. Add a handful of chopped beets for an added nutritional boost.
4. Add half a cup of baby carrots or a piece of celery for another, mild flavor veggie.
5. Add a few chunks of fresh or frozen pineapple to add sweetness if needed.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: Smoothie
Keywords: smoothie, snack, healthy snack