This is the easiest and most delicious way to make your own turkey or chicken stock.
- 1/2 - 1 whole cooked turkey or chicken carcass (depending on size of your slow cooker)
- 1 large carrot (roughly chopped)
- 2 stalks of celery (roughly chopped)
- 1 onion (cut in half)
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- Place bird carcass in slow cooker. Add vegetables and peppercorns.
- Fill slow cooker with water and put the lid on.
- Cook on low heat for 24-36 hours.
- Strain out large pieces from stock and discard. Pour stock through a fine sieve to remove small pieces.
- Pour in small containers and put in the fridge. Once cooled, skim off any fat that has solidified on top.
- Store for one week in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 24 hours
- Category: Stock