This easy holiday pecan pie is a perfect blend between traditional pecan pie and Tollhouse pie. It has a gooey center but is a corn syrup free recipe. You might as well make 2 because everyone will love it.
- Pie dough for 1 pie (see notes)
- 3/4 cup butter (melted)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups pecans (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup halved pecans (for decoration)
- aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare pie dough of choice in pie pan.
- With an electric mixer, whisk eggs on medium speed until foamy (see picture below recipe), about 5 minutes.
- Pour in butter making sure it is just a little warm, not hot. Mix in on medium low speed. Next whisk in sugars and flours on low speed, until combined.
- Whisk in milk and vanilla on low speed.
- Fold in chopped pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pie crust and decorate with halved pecans in desired pattern. Then, cover loosely with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove foil from the top of the pie. Return to the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes*, until top is deep brown (but not burned) and center of pie is set (it does not jiggle).
- Allow to cool completely before serving for the best texture.
You can easily use refrigerated pie dough or a frozen pie shell. Both work great. My favorite way to make dough is to use the Williams-Sonoma pie crust mix.
*Bake less time to produce a gooey center and bake more time to produce a denser, brownie-like texture.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American