- 2 1/2 sticks of butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 1/2 cups leveled all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (roughly chopped)
- In a mixing bowl (or stand mixer) beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed till very creamy, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add to the butter both the white and brown sugar. Beat again on medium speed until well incorporated, about 3-4 minutes.
- Crack both eggs into the batter and add vanilla extract. Beat on low speed for 1-2 minutes, ensuring eggs are fully incorporated. Scrape the bottom of the bowl with a spatula to ensure batter mixes evenly.
- Next add the salt, baking powder and baking soda then beat for 1 minute.
- Add the flour in 1 cup increments, mixing on low speed after each addition until just mixed in. Scrape the bottom of the bowl with a spatula throughout.
- Pour in all 4 types of chocolate chips and mix on low to blend in.
- Prepare a rimmed baking sheet pan by placing a sheet of parchment paper on it. Using a large cookie scoop, scoop out all dough in individual balls onto prepared baking sheet pan. Place baking pan in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep a baking sheet pan by lining with parchment paper or silicon mat. Place frozen dough balls on baking pan about 2" apart, likely a 3x4 formation.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes, when edges are golden brown. Cookies will not be completely golden brown. Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes then move to a cooking rack.
Be sure to turn off the mixer in between steps.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
Keywords: dessert, chocolate chip cookies, chewy cookies