This whole wheat banana nut bread tastes delicious and uses wholesome ingredients like flaxseed, whole wheat flour and honey.
- 1/2 cup Avocado Oil
- 2/3 cup Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Mashed Bananas
- 1 3/4 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/4 cup Ground Flax Seed
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Prepare a 9x5 inch loaf pan by spraying with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat oil and honey together on medium speed until well combined, about 1 minute. Add eggs and continue to mix on medium speed. Add in bananas and vanilla and mix on medium low speed until bananas are well incorporate. Turn off mixer.
- To the bowl add in flour, flax seeds, baking soda and salt. Mix on low speed just until incorporated. Do not over mix. Using a spatula, fold in chopped nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out almost clean when inserted in to the center of the bread. (I think it's better to pull the bread out right before it's fully cooked.)
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes. Then remove bread and cool on wire rack for ½ hour before slicing.
This recipe can be made as muffins. Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 16-18 minutes. Makes about a dozen muffins.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: banana bread, banana nut bread, whoel wheat banana bread