This simple recipe has big, surprising flavor thanks to pistachio butter. With a chewy, brownie texture and silky ganache frosting, this might be become your new favorite blonde brownie.
- 6 ounce Bag of Southern Groves Shelled Pistachios
- 6 tbsp Unsalted butter, (melted)
- 3/4 cup Light brown sugar, (packed)
- 1 cup Baker’s Corner All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate ((1 cup chocolate chips or chunks))
- Measure out 3 tbsp of pistachios, finely chop, and set aside for garnish.
- Add the rest of the pistachios to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse continuously until smooth consistency is like peanut butter, about 4-5 minutes.
- Measure out ½ cup of pistachio butter, which should be about the whole amount. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the melted butter and sugar. Use an electric mixer and mix until well combined and smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add the pistachios butter to the bowl and continue mixing until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add the egg to the bowl and mix well.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix on low speed until fully combined.
- Spray an 8 x 8 square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Then line with parchment paper, leaving two edges overhanging.
- Scoop the dough into the prepared pan and press it with your fingers to create an even smooth layer.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until edges and middle are golden brown. Let cool.
- Prepare the chocolate ganache by heating the cream in a saucepan over low heat until rapidly steaming, but not simmering, about 10 minutes. Add the chocolate chips to a heat safe bowl then pour the hot cream over the chocolate. Let sit for one minute then stir until smooth, combined and glossy.
- Let ganache sit for 30 minutes. (This step is optional.)
- Pour chocolate ganache over cooled bars and spread evenly to fully cover brownies. Sprinkle reserved, chopped pistachios on top. Chill in the fridge until set, at least 4 hours.
- Gently wiggle the bars out of the pan using the two sides of parchment paper. Set on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut 12-16 bars.
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter or other nut butter can be substituted for pistachio butter. Flavor will be different.
- If the baked blonde brownies are not quite cool enough when it's time to pour on the ganache, put them in the freezer for 15 minutes to cool them down.
- Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 338
- Sugar: 20
- Sodium: 10
- Fat: 21
- Saturated Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 33
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 27
Keywords: blonde brownies, chocolate pistachios, pistachio bars, pistachio chocolate bars, pistachio dessert recipes