A vegan chia pudding that's delicious, satisfying and nutritious. It's a perfect prep ahead healthy snack to boost fiber and plant based protein.
Blueberry Chia Jam
- 1 cup Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 Tbsp Orange juice
- 2 Tbsp NOW Organic Chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
Peanut Butter Chia Pudding
- 1 1/4 cups Coconut milk ((from a carton, not a can))
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Powdered peanut butter ((or regular peanut butter))
- 2 scoops NOW Organic Pea Protein Powder ((optional))
- 1/3 cup NOW Organic Chia seeds
Prepare Blueberry Chia Jam
- In a small saucepan, add the blueberries and orange juice. Turn heat to medium low and bring blueberries to low simmer. Cook until blueberries have burst and the liquid is dark purple, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup and chia. Continue stirring for about 1 minute. Let cool while you prepare the peanut butter chia pudding.
Prepare Peanut Butter Chia Pudding
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, peanut butter (powdered or regular), and pea protein powder until smooth and combined. Whisk in the chia seeds.
- Evenly distribute the peanut butter chia pudding between the 4 jars.
- Top with equal portions of the blueberry jam. Allow to cool further if needed, then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Any combination of berries can be used in place of blueberries. If using strawberries, suggest they be sliced or chopped before cooking.
- Water can be used in place of orange juice but orange juice is ideal.
- Use coconut milk from a carton, made for drinking, instead of the coconut milk from a can used in cooking.
- Regular peanut butter gives a richer peanut flavor but does take up the calories significantly. You can use any combination of powdered peanut butter and regular peanut butter to equal about a half cup. You could also use ½ cup of powdered peanut butter and add 1 tbsp of regular peanut butter to punch up the flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Cuisine: American, Vegan
- Calories: 277
- Sugar: 26
- Sodium: 106
- Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 43
- Fiber: 10
- Protein: 9
- Cholesterol: 1
Keywords: chia pudding, coconut milk chia pudding, peanut butter, peanut butter chia pudding, vegan chia pudding