This is the best and easiest homemade pizza sauce recipe that makes enough for up to 8 pizzas depending on how saucy you like them.
- 4 6 oz cans Tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Dry red wine ((like Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Chianti, or a blend))
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 2 cloves Garlic, (minced)
- 1 tbsp Dried basil
- 1 tbsp Dried oregano
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Maple syrup
- Combine tomato paste, wine, water and oil in a medium pot and gently whisk together to combine.
- Turn burner heat on to medium low temperature.
- Stir salt, onion powder, garlic, basil oregano, and syrup into the sauce.
- Simmer for at least 30 minutes, and up to an hour.
- Allow to cool slightly before topping pizza dough. If freezing, allow to come to room temperature before bottling for freezing.
- A 1/2 cup serving of sauce is estimated for each pizza but you can use more if you like.
- This is perfect for freezing. Spoon into small glass jars once sauce comes to room temperature. Leave a 1/2" space in the jar to allow expansion when freezing.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: best pizza sauce, easy pizza sauce, homemade pizza sauce, pizza sauce from tomato paste