- Canola or grapeseed oil
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 large yellow onion (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 can All-natural Enchilada sauce ((15 oz))
- 4 oz can canned green chiles (use amount to your preference; I only used 1/2 the can)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (Cheddar, Mexican blend, or Jack all work great)
- 8 to 10 8" whole wheat tortillas (can use smaller tortillas to get higher yield)
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with non stick spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and sautee onions and peppers for about 4 minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking for another 3-4 minutes, until all veggies are tender. Turn off heat and let cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sauteed veggies, shredded chicken, all but 3 tablespoons of enchilada sauce, and green chiles. Fold in 1 cup cheese.
- Fill each tortilla with a "strip" of filling down the center. Roll up tortilla and place seem side down in pan. Continue until you've used up all the filling and tortillas.
- Brush remaining 3 tablespoons of enchilada sauce on top of the prepared tortillas in the pan. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup of cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, or until enchiladas are heated through and golden. Serve with light sour cream, diced avocado, and/or salsa.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Mexican