Looking for a healthy alternative to fried fish that's not super complicated? Try this simple and delicious 4 Ingredient Crunchy fish that makes a perfect, satisfying dinner every time.
- 4 thin, white fish filets ( (like tilapia, cod or mahi))
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (divided)
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Pour bread crumbs in to a shallow dish.
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to the pan and swirl to coat (or spray with oil to cover surface).
- Pat dry fish fillets. Then evenly spread mustard on both sides of each fillet. (A marinade brush works really well for this.
- Place each filet in the bread crumbs one at a time, pressing in the crumbs to stick on both sides.
- Place fish in skillet and cook for 2-4 minutes per side. Very thin fish only need 2 minutes per side. Thicker fish, like mahi, will need 3-4 minutes per side.
- Add the additional tablespoon of oil (or continue to spray the pan) when needed and finish cooking all filets.
- Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Entree