Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe
This is the best and easiest homemade pizza sauce recipe that makes enough for up to 8 pizzas depending on how saucy you like them.
Servings: 8 servings
- 4 6 oz cans Tomato paste
- ½ cup Dry red wine (like Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Chianti, or a blend)
- 1 cup Water
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dried basil
- 1 tablespoon Dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Maple syrup
Combine tomato paste, wine, water and oil in a medium pot and gently whisk together to combine.
Turn burner heat on to medium low temperature.
Stir salt, onion powder, garlic, basil oregano, and syrup into the sauce.
Simmer for at least 30 minutes, and up to an hour.
Allow to cool slightly before topping pizza dough. If freezing, allow to come to room temperature before bottling for freezing.
- A ½ cup serving of sauce is estimated for each pizza but you can use more if you like.
- This is perfect for freezing. Spoon into small glass jars once sauce comes to room temperature. Leave a ½" space in the jar to allow expansion when freezing.