Pesto Potato Gratin
Lightened up a favorite holiday dish with this full flavor, better for you, Pesto Potato Gratin recipe. It's perfect for the holidays or any time of the year.
Servings: 6 -8
- Carlini Canola Cooking Spray
- 6 - 7 cups peeled and thinly sliced less than ⅛” in thickness gold potatoes, from about half of a 5 lb bag
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- ½ cup Friendly Farms 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon Baker’s Corner All Purpose Flour (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Stonemill Sea Salt Grinder
- ⅓ cup Rosso Pesto Sauce red sun dried tomato
- 1 cup Priano Shredded Parmesan Cheese*
Preheat oven to 375°.
Coat bottom of a 3 quart baking dish (an 8x8 or 9x9 square pan works well too) with canola cooking spray.
In a large bowl, toss together potatoes with chopped veggies, reserving ¼ cup of peppers to sprinkle on top.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together milk, flour, salt and pesto. Pour over potatoes and gently toss to coat all the potato circles.
Pour the potatoes and milk mixture into prepared baking dish and arrange potato slices as flat as possible. Sprinkle top of potatoes with remaining peppers and then the shredded cheese.
Bake for 45- 50 minutes, until top is golden brown and potatoes are tender when pricked with a fork. If needed, cook under the broiler for 1-2 minutes to further brown and crisp the tops of the potatoes. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5-8 minutes before serving.
A mandolin is the best tool to use for slicing the potatoes. If you do not have one, use a good, sharp knife and try to cut potatoes as thin as possible.
*Cheddar also works well in this recipe. ALDI has has very unique seasonal cheeses too so check out all the offerings and choose your favorite cheese.