All-Year-Round Turkey Cranberry Sandwich
- 0.9 - 1 lb boneless turkey breast cutlets 6-8 cutlets
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (from ½ lemon)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- High heat cooking oil
- 4 oz goat cheese (softened at room temp for about 10 minutes)
- 1 can organic whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 4-5 whole grain rolls
Heat a grill (indoor or outdoor) or grill pan to medium high heat.
In a small dish, combine salt, garlic powder, rosemary and olive oil. Add enough lemon juice to create a paste consistency and mix well together. Rub mixture on both sides of all turkey breast cutlets. Allow to sit for about 15-20 minutes.
Cook turkey cutlets on grill for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Remove from heat and let rest.
Meanwhile, slice rolls in half. Smear cranberry sauce on bottom of roll then place a cooked turkey cutlet on top. Top turkey with several leaves of butter lettuce. Smear goat cheese on top half of bun and top sandwich.
Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 446kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 672mg | Potassium: 134mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 362IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 3mg