This lightened up, gluten free version of fried green bean appetizer is full of flavor and crunch.
Gluten Free "Fried" Green Beans with Jalapeno Yogurt Dip
- 1 lb green beans washed and stems trimmed
- 30-32 Beton Gluten-Free Herb and Garlic crackers about 1 box
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- ¼ jalapeno seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika (optional)
- Steam green beans in a steamer basket for 5 minutes or microwave for 2 ½ minutes (in 30 second intervals) until crisp tender.
- Preheat oven to 475° F.
- Put crackers into a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs.
- In three different shallow dishes add the coconut flour, egg whisked with milk, and cracker crumbs with sea salt and pepper.
- Coat the green beans in flour, egg wash, then cracker crumbs. Shake off excess.
- Place green beans on pan. Bake for 5 minutes in the oven at 475° F then turn oven to broil on bake for 1 more minute.
- For the dip: Chop jalapeno very fine. Add jalapeno, tomato paste, sea salt, and paprika to greek yogurt and mix.